'I Don't Mind Sheeba Being My Boss', Says Cindy


Courtesy Photo
Cindy Sanyu, who is the president of Uganda Musicians Association (UMA), was clarifying on claims that she refused to join the Federation because Sheebah Karungi, who is her nemesis, is the vice president.

"I don't mind as long as the Federation is running properly," said Cindy, "It doesn't matter who is the boss as long as UMA's interests are being upheld."

Cindy said that when the Uganda National Musicians Federation (UNMF) was being formed, she was asked to join. However, UMA is yet to join though some of its members like Phina Mugerwa and Hanson Barulino joined and even got positions on the leadership committee.

"At the moment, UMA is not part of the Federation... some of our members have joined... but as UMA, we are not part of the Federation," said Cindy.

"They approached me to join."

Cindy said the Federation leaders should be given time to make mistakes because she was also initially clueless when she became UMA's president in 2020.

"Let's give Federation leaders time. As much as they may have good intentions, the truth is they don't understand what they're doing. They need time," she said.

"Even I, when I joined UMA in 2020, I didn't know what I was doing... but I believe their intentions are good."

She said one of the other reasons UMA hasn't joined the Federation is because they felt there is a plan by the Federation to kill associations.

She cited the fact that instead of meeting Association leaders, the Federation meets musicians individually. The Federation is ideally supposed to be an assembly of associations but some of the Federations leaders, including Eddy Kenzo, the president, didn't belong to any Associator before.

Post a Comment

0 Comments