Gospel Fights: Lanek Gives A Request For Bugembe And Levixone To Step Down From Kenzo's Federation


Courtesy Photo
Less than two months in, the Uganda National Musicians Federation (UNMF) has yet another fight on its hand, this time pitting gospel artists.

Singer Denis Lanek also known as Afande Lanek is demanding that fellow gospel artists Wilson Bugembe and Levixone relinquish their positions in the federation.

Bugembe and Levixone (real names Sam Lucas Lubogo) are the gospel representatives in UNMF.

Lanek however, believes he should be the rightful gospel representative in the federation since he’s the elected leader of the Ugandan gospel artists. He’s also their representative in the Uganda Musicians Association (UMA).

Lanek says when the Federation was formed, he was out of the country. But on returning, he says, he received no invitation by the federation leadership.

I’ve been back for a week now but I have not received a single phone call or a message calling me to take up my seat. Bugembe and Levixone know that they have been warming my seat,” Lanek said at a press conference on Tuesday, June 20..

“ dayPastor Wilson Bugembe, Levixone please leave my seat; I am giving you three days. You know that I am the president of the gospel artists in Uganda. Why are you occupying my s. You know that I am the president of the gospel artists in Uganda. Why are you occupying my seat in the federation?”

The controversial artist went on to question why Bugembe, who has never been interested in leading gospel artists, turned around to take up the UNMF position

He once told me during the Covid19 lockdown that God never called him to lead artists and that he would not answer questions on their behalf in heaven.”

Besides, he has no time for this kind of (federation) work; the time he has is for counseling, preaching and hosting Egyptian (secular) musicians at his church,” he added.

Lanek is also not on the best of terms with Levixone.

In 2020 Livixone returned a Mercedes Benz convertible, which had been gifted to him by Lanek at the 2018 “Turn the Replay” concert.

Post a Comment

0 Comments